Thursday, June 10, 2010

What Have I Been Up To?

Necklaces! I love making long necklaces. They're just so easy to put together. I personally use medium weight fishing line from the sporting goods store for my string which is basically the same thing as the expensive monofilament that you can get in any crafting or beading store. Yes, the fishing line may cost you more up front, but it lasts for practically forever. I bought mine about 5 years ago, and I have yet to even get close to running out of it. As far as beads go, I tend to start with lots of cheap black beads, and then I just add something a little more special to it. This keeps my cost way down, and usually it means that I can wear more than one necklace at a time if I'm in the mood to mix and match colors. For the necklace pictured below, my "special" beads are the big black ones. They cost me around $4.00. When I do a color, I usually like to use large crystals. They're a little expensive, but with lots of black beads in between the crystals, I just need a few of them. Sorry that there aren't any pictures of the more colorful necklaces. My camera decided to die.

0 comments: